Tuesday, January 26, 2010

the beginning

Surviving cancer (Ca), who ever thought it exist. Well it does and that is me. In every story there's a beginning ........



Back in college when I first encountered such word, cancer, it was as if a simple medical term that I often neglect. Never had much interest in it but I know this is a deadly disease that a lot of people survive calling themselves survivors and unfortunately some pass away.

I graduated college got my degree not knowing I had a bonus. Few months after I got really sick. Three alarming signs came to me, first I have high grade fever on and off for weeks. Another, extreme loss of body weight though I was eating regularly and lastly dysnea. I was use to getting sick since grade school and I often self medicate. Thinking it was the usual until I hardly breathe. I was confined in a hospital, went through series of tests, undergone operation for sample biopsy and later diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 3C.

I never thought and view myself having this kind of disease ever in my life. At first it was like my whole world was torn apart, dreams crashed and not a single hope was left. Later I realized I've learned this before and I should know how to face this. I said to myself, "Ca there's a cure that would be chemo or radiation therapy ". Positively I thought, cancer is just like common colds with meds. It will be gone soon.

2 comments:

  1. With the advanced technology that we have, we could surely win against cancer. You, too, can wipe this cancer away from your system. I am looking forward to know more about how you cope with the big C. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dearest princess,

    that crab is given to you by purpose, if what it is we know that you can handle, i always pray & asked God to give you total strength for you to overcome such illness.

    I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
    Marvin A.

    ReplyDelete