Monday, February 1, 2010

Prevention is Better than Cure

How many of us believe, prevention is better than cure? Point in my life when I was not yet affected by cancer, this phrase doesn't matter much to me. I believe then that in every sickness there's always a cure. Prevention is not predicting what is going to happen but rather guarding ourselves from it. Well it's not yet too late for me though. Based on my personal experience, avoiding myself from food or any factors that I know is a feeder to cancer cells helps me prevent from immediate remission of my cancer. There are also treatments available to prevent cancer to occur in a healthy individual. It is call the preventive vaccines, examples are hepatitis B and HPV (human papilloma virus) vaccine. Ask your doctors about it.


Last May 17, 2008 a Cancer Forum organized by General Santos City Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, I was invited to be one of their speaker as a cancer survivor. As I was talking infront of nursing students, doctors and fellow cancer patients it was my objective to reach out to them that the act of avoiding or preventing factors that enhances the disease results to a healthy and wealthy individual. Why? Because as we all experience, sickness is coupled with expenses such as medicines, tests, hospitalization and treatments. Therefore it is wise and before it's too late let us find ways to be a healthy individual and not regret in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment